Sunday, December 13, 2009
Live to the fullest




It's almost the end of my hols and I've been to Parkson with my friends once. Interesting. Haha. The rest was with either my mum or my lil cuzzies. So, I went with Jac last Saturday and we came across this exhibition thing, One Life. Honestly speaking, it didn't really touch me cos I don't really know how to react towards HIV/AIDS people? You may go all, O: HOW COULD YOU?! But I'm being honest. I have no reaction towards going green and especially human/animal trafficking. So anyway, I bought a tee which can be considered too small? But they didn't have my size! And I still bought it to support them! xD haha. Well, it's like this, they(volunteers) set up like scenes? Of these victims of HIV. They gave you MP3 players to listen to and it gives instructions and stuff. They had 3 stories of different people. I was a Indian girl, Jothi. Her parents both had HIV and soon after her mum passed away first. So it was her, her youngest sis and youngest bro and her dad. Then eventually, her dad died too after 2 years. Her grandma, uncle and aunt came to take care of them but her uncle and aunt are like, always quarreling cos they had to take care of something that isn't theirs or something like that. So Jothi had to care for her brother and sis too, you know. She had to go to those roads where all those big industrial vehicle pass by? And they honk at her and leers at her. She was afraid, of course but she did it for her siblings anyway. Soon, they found out her lil sis had HIV too and soon fell sick. Her grandma was the one like, watching her 24/7. And of course, her lil bro had HIV too but hasn't start getting sick yet. So, Jothi couldn't bare not knowing whether she had HIV or not. So she went to check-up. Then the MP3 like, told me to walk through the curtain and I'll come to a clinic and I had to wait for my turn. And in reality, there were people(as in people who came to watch and witness this) waiting there. So when it was my turn, I walked to the counter and placed my hand on the counter cos the MP3 told me to? And the lady in the counter 'chopped' as in like, you know when kids do a good deed in school the teacher gives them a 'chop'? Yea, that. And it indicated that Jothi/I was HIV negative. So luckily Jothi survived. But her family didn't.

Sad ain't it? Hmm. They had this Wall Of Hope and Reflection which was really cool. And we could like, take a piece of paper and write what we hope for these people. Jac went in too and she had a different story, of course. Her's was some guy named John(hehs. John.) and he was a HIV positive? So her 'chop' was a positive. Anyway, Lester and Kayii went too. He asked me to cut into this place but I was eating so I couldn't go in. :| O well, but I did went in afterwards. So after my day at Parkson, I went to work and went home and like, used a red marker to darken my 'chopped' mark and cam whored. HAHA. xD The guys who worked at Maxim thought it was a tattoo. WTF. Have you ever seen a RED tattoo? And hello, do you have any idea how old I am? Probably not. *shrugs* It's fading anyway. So I'm gonna post some pics up and I'm gonna have my brunch. I haven't had my breakfast, please.

Toodie!

7:15 PM | Akito | Perma | 0 comments